We regularly prepare and distribute media releases, opinion pieces, speeches, media kits and fact sheets on the work that the Commission undertakes. Our website also provides extensive research and project information.
Whenever possible, the President and Commissioners speak with the media to discuss and debate human rights and discrimination issues.
For all media enquiries contact:
Marie-Claire Muir – Media Advisor for:
- Commission President, Rosalind Croucher AM
- Disability Discrimination Commissioner, Alastair McEwin
Phone: 02 9284 9746 or 0417 957 525
Lindy Kerin - Media Advisor for:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Justice Commissioner, June Oscar AO
- Race Discrimination Commissioner, Dr Tim Soutphommasane
- Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Kate Jenkins
Phone: 0430 366 529
Rania Spooner - Media Advisor for:
- Children's Commissioner, Megan Mitchell
- Human Rights Commissioner, Edward Santow
- Age Discrimination Commissioner, Dr Kay Patterson AO
Phone: 0448 939 997
The Commission receives a large number of requests from journalism students seeking assistance with assignments.
In an effort to assist students and ensure there is readily available information on the Commission's positions and public statements, every effort is made to ensure the media centre is up-to-date with media releases, speeches, opinion pieces and submissions.
Please note, however, that due to extremely busy workloads the President and Commissioners are not available to undertake media interviews for student projects.
If you would like to receive up-to-date information about the Commission’s activities you can subscribe to our electronic mailing list.