Guides and advice by the Australian Human Rights Commission
The Commission may issue guidance and advice to assist persons and organisations with responsibilities under the legislation to avoid discrimination and meet their responsibilities. Unlike Disability Standards, this guidance or advice is not legally binding regulation.
- Know your rights: Disability Discrimination (2012)
- A brief guide to the Disability Discrimination Act
- Access for all: Improving accessibility for consumers with disability (2016)
- Disability discrimination in employment
- Disability Action Plans – a guide for business (2015)
- Guidelines for providers of insurance and superannuation under the Disability Discrimination Act (2016)
- Information and Communications Technology in the Australian Public Service – the need for change (2015)
- Workers with mental illness – a guide for managers
The Commission has issued guidance and advice on the application of the DDA in a number of areas sometimes under the title "Advisory Notes".